Qualtrics is the preferred survey tool at the University of Minnesota.
Qualtrics is an easy-to-use, full-featured, web-based tool for creating and conducting online surveys. Qualtrics has a range of features to meet both simple and complex survey creation and distribution needs. Qualtrics can be used for many purposes:
- Research, including experimental data collection, and random assignment
- Teaching, including peer evaluations, quizzes with immediate feedback, lessons with branching, and midterm feedback
- Administration, including program assessment, event evaluation, and feedback surveys
- Forms such as applications, contact forms, and agreements, and the collection of uploaded files
- Guide beginners through creating a survey with the intuitive Survey Builder
- Control where participants go and what they see in a survey using survey flow with branch, display, and skip logic functions
- Select from a variety of question types or access a survey library with hundreds of templates which you can customize to meet your needs
- Send and track participation invitations and reminders
- Collect anonymized responses if desired
- Trigger emails and thank you messages
- Report on results, including basic graphs and tables that can be filtered, stylized, and shared
- Export data to a variety of formats, including Excel, SPSS, PDF, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Upload files
- Collect data on a mobile device without access to the internet with offline surveys option
Integration into Canvas
A faculty member, instructor, or staff member requested that this tool be integrated into Canvas.
- June 17, 2017
- October 23, 2017
Past phase: Initial Review
Past phase: Technical Review
Current phase is Decision: Withdrawn phase.
Integration into Canvas requested, but is no longer being considered
Future phase: Integration Underway
Future phase: Integrated
If not available to you, request this tool for your course or unit.
- Course Management