Canvas: Integrate Surveys using the Qualtrics LTI
The Qualtrics LTI allows you to integrate Qualtrics surveys into the Canvas learning experience. With the Qualtrics LTI, you can:
- Embed a survey within a Canvas assignment
- View the completed survey in Speedgrader
- Collect enriched data
This article covers the following topics:
- Who can use the Qualtrics LTI?
- Connecting to Qualtrics from Canvas
- Adding a survey to the Qualtrics LTI
- Additional Resources
There is a cost associated with the Qualtrics LTI. Units willing to share the annual cost can email [email protected] with the subject Interested in Canvas Qualtrics LTI. Users within units paying for the Qualtrics LTI:
- must be submitted to [email protected] by the lead contact in their unit
- must have completed the FERPA tutorial
- will be added to a special instance of Qualtrics dedicated to this integration.
If you have been added to the special instance of Qualtrics dedicated to this integration and you are an instructor in at least one Canvas course site, complete these steps to connect to Qualtrics from Canvas.
- Log into canvas.umn.edu.
- Select Qualtrics LTI from the Account menu.
- A page prompting you to authorize appears. Select Click here to authorize.
- A Canvas authorization window appears. Click Authorize to permit the Qualtrics by Drieam integration to connect with Canvas.
- A Qualtrics LTI page appears. Select Qualtrics Drieam/Canvas from the Select a Qualtrics domain drop-down menu and select Login now.
- A Qualtrics sign-in window appears. Select Sign in with SSO.
- Another Qualtrics-branded page appears.Enter umnlms in the Organization ID field and select Continue.
- A Qualtrics authorization window appears. Select Approve to permit the Qualtrics by Drieam integration to connect with the special instance of Qualtrics dedicated to this integration.
- The Qualtrics LTI dashboard appears in Canvas.
Surveys or projects in the main instance of Qualtrics need to be exported from the main instance (qualtrics.umn.edu) and imported into the special instance of Qualtrics dedicated to this integration (qualtricslms.umn.edu). Learn how to export and import surveys. Follow these steps to pull surveys from the special instance of Qualtrics into the Qualtrics LTI.
- Select + Add survey on the Qualtrics LTI dashboard in Canvas. A Select survey type modal window appears. Select Standard Canvas assignment or In-class survey (QR code).
- A modal window listing your surveys in the special instance of Qualtrics appears. Select a survey from the list and select Add survey.
- The survey's settings page appears. Configure how you want the survey deployed within Canvas. Select Save and enable. Your survey is now ready to be used in a Canvas assignment.