Find discounted or no-cost software for students, faculty, staff, and departments.
The University of Minnesota provides discounted or no-cost software to students, faculty, and staff for work-related and personal use.
- Select a product name linked below.
- A page for that software will display.
- Follow the instructions for the available licenses (department, employee, or student). You will be directed to a software order site, a download site or the vendor's site depending on the product and available licensing.
- For Personal Purchase needs we have a storefront through Kivuto where some software can be purchased with personal funds. Do not use UMN funds on this Kivuto store.
- Didn't find what you are looking for? It likely just means that The Office of Information Technology does not hold an agreement for the product, or we don't receive many questions about it. If this is the case, we're still here to help you as best as we can! Please direct questions to [email protected].
University of Minnesota Acceptable Use of Information Technology Resources Policy. Review this Policy on an annual basis. Please understand the responsibility you take on by installing software on your University of Minnesota owned device and by using software provided by the University of Minnesota.
OIT's software terms & conditions. Unless otherwise stated in a software vendors specific terms & conditions all software are required to follow these T&C's.
Before entering into a new license or contract directly with a vendor or reseller, please refer to the Review Process for UMN Software Purchases Self-Help Guide.
Note that it is your responsibility to make sure that the terms of the contract are acceptable to the University of Minnesota. Please refer to the Office of General Counsel's guidance on this subject, Legal Service for Obtaining a Software License.
- Acrobat Pro DC by Adobe
- ArcGIS by Esri
- AutoCAD, Revit, Maya, and Related Software by Autodesk
- Azure Dev Tools for Teaching by Microsoft
- Creative Cloud and Related Products by Adobe
- EMS by EMS Software
- EndNote by Clarivate Analytics
- Endpoint Configuration Manager by Microsoft
- Exchange Server by Microsoft
- FileMaker Pro by FileMaker
- HostExplorer by OpenText
- Java by Oracle
- LabVIEW by National Instruments
- Lucid Visual Collaboration Suite by Lucid
- macOS by Apple
- Mathematica by Wolfram
- MATLAB by The MathWorks
- Mimics by Materialise
- Minitab by Minitab
- NVivo by Lumivero LLC
- Office by Microsoft
- Presenter by Adobe
- Project by Microsoft
- R by The R Project
- R-Wipe & Clean by R-Tools Technology
- SAS by SAS Institute
- SharePoint Server by Microsoft
- SOLIDWORKS by Dassault Systèmes
- SPSS by IBM
- SQL Server by Microsoft
- Stata GradPlan Method Number 3 by Stata
- Storyline by Articulate
- Visio by Microsoft
- Visual Studio Pro by Microsoft
- Windows Operating System Upgrade by Microsoft
- Windows Server by Microsoft
- WinZip by WinZip Computing
- Wolfram Alpha Pro by Wolfram