Acrobat Pro DC (Adobe)
You can install Adobe Acrobat Pro DC software on University-owned devices at no cost to your department.
With Adobe Acrobat Pro DC software you can:
- Convert any document into a portable document format (PDF) file
- Convert PDF files into other formats
- Edit PDF files
- Merge files into PDF format
- Create web forms
If you only need to open and read .pdfs, download Adobe Acrobat Reader from Adobe's site.
Purchase or Download
Purchase or Download
University-funded: No charge
Available only for UMN teaching, learning, or research
Individual licenses not available, but students can use in many public computer labs
Instructions for Departments
Units Supported by Central IT
If your unit’s computers are supported by central IT, select the program from Advertised Programs or Software Center on your Windows computer. If you have a Mac computer, Acrobat Pro DC should appear in Self Service under the Productivity category.
You can download and install Acrobat Pro DC on an individual computer or add the Acrobat software image to departmental images and install it on department-owned computers:
There are many benefits to using Acrobat through the U-Wide Contract:
- Ensures license compliance—no need to track purchases and installations.
- Increases efficiency by no longer having to place orders for this product.
- Saves on process charges and provides colleges with cost savings (previously it cost $50+/year for individual installations and up to $30,000/year for collegiate-wide installations).
Instructions for Employees
Work at Home Rights for Adobe Acrobat Pro DC are now available.
- Go do Adobe.com
- Sign in with your Enterprise ID (your UMN Email address and your UMN password)
- Look for the Adobe Document Cloud link.
If you need to use this software exclusively for UMN-related teaching, learning, or research and you want to install it on a personally-owned device, follow the Instructions for Departments above.
Instructions for Students
Students who wish to order a full version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC can purchase it from Adobe directly, or any number of resellers.
Students who only need to view .pdfs can download Adobe Acrobat Reader from Adobe.
Additionally students can use the fully functional version of Adobe Acrobat Pro in many of our public computer labs.
Terms and Conditions
- Have a question about software licenses, codes, or renewals? Send e-mail to the OIT Software License Team.
- Need help using the software? Contact Technology Help.
Acrobat Help and Support
- Acrobat Learn & Support
- Note taking with Acrobat (YouTube Video)
- Working with Mark-Up Tools (YouTube Video)
- More Useful Mark-Up Tools (YouTube Video)
- Issue: PDFMaker is unavailable in a Microsoft Office application
University-funded: No charge for departments
Is your Acrobat Pro DC software giving you an expiration notice? You can read about the reason and solution here: Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Authentication Changes