Microsoft Office Project is a project management tool. It is available for the Windows platform only. It not available for the MacOS.
Purchase or Download
Purchase or Download
|Department For installation on a University-owned device||Academic discount from UMN Paid for with departmental funds|
|Employee For installation on an employee's personal device||Not available|
|Student For installation on a student's personal device||Not available|
Instructions for Departments
Small Number of Licenses
Individual work computer licenses can be obtained through our Microsoft Select Plus agreement, currently being managed by CDW-G.
- Go to the UMarket site.
- Select the Shop Now button.
- Sign in with your UMN internet ID and password.
- Scroll to the Electronic Components; Computer Equipment, Software & Supplies section.
- Select the CDW-G icon.
- Select the PunchOut link.
- On the CDW-G/U Market Ordering Site, scroll to the Software Agreements section.
- Select the Microsoft icon above the words Microsoft Select Plus Licensing. Do not start your search from the main CDWG UMarket page.
- In the Search Within field, type "Project" and select enter.
- Select your license. Your license will be perpetual, meaning your department can use the software indefinitely (as long as it is still supported or the computers running it can still run it).
You can purchase a license with or without maintenance, called "Software Assurance (SA)." Most people will want to order one of these licenses and server parts (prices subject to change without warning):
- Project Standard, part 076-05949: $81.19
- Project Standard with 3 year Software Assurance (maintenance), part 076-01776-3: $146.70
- Project Pro with 1 Project Server CAL Perpetual, part H30-05987: $131.02
- Project Pro with 1 Project Server CAL Perpetual with 3 year Software Assurance (maintenance), part H30-00237-3: $244.51
Licenses for All Computers in Your Unit
Once a year Microsoft offers the option of buying a one-year license to install and use Project Pro and Visio Pro on all computers owned by a department for $13 per FTE.
- If your unit is listed below and you would like to use Visio Pro, please send a request to [email protected] and include the name of your unit. We will send you the name of your departmental contact.
- If your departmental unit is not listed and you would like to participate, please have your IT Director send a request to softwa[email protected].
- Auxiliary Services Technology
- Boynton Health Service
- Capital Planning and Project Management (Projects)
- Carlson School of Management
- College of Design - IT
- College of Education & Human Development - Admin
- Controller's Office
- CSE - ECE Admin
- Housing & Residential Life
- Office of Human Resources
- Office of Information Technology - (only Peoplesoft Solutions, Software Dev/Rpt Data Mgmt, Analysis, Operations, and Network and Design)
- Office of Internal Audit
- Office of the Vice President for Research
- Undergraduate Education - ASR Classroom Support
- University Dining Services - Contract Admin
- University Health and Safety Admin
- University Health and Safety - Biosafety and Occupational Health
- University Health and Safety - Building Codes
- University Health and Safety - Workplace Safety
- University Health and Safety - Radiation Safety
- University Health and Safety - Environmental Compliance
- University Health and Safety - Research Safety
- University of Minnesota Foundation
- University Services - IT
- University Services - Enterprise Asset Management
- University Services - Facility Info Systems
Instructions for Employees and Students
For students, staff, and faculty making a personal purchase, we recommend you purchase Microsoft Project at academic prices through Microsoft directly or from any number of resellers.
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
General Technology Products Terms & Conditions apply to this software license. If additional terms and conditions apply to this item, they will be listed below.
- Have a question about software licenses, codes, or renewals? Send e-mail to the OIT Software License Team.
- Need help using the software? Contact Technology Help.
Academic discount from UMN for departments