TDX Knowledge: Edit the Content of an Article
To edit an article, you first have to create a draft revision.
- Technicians can create and publish draft revisions for any knowledge articles owned by them or by their Group, until the article has been submitted for approval.
- Once submitted for approval, only knowledge editors will be able to create draft revisions.
- Group Knowledge Editors can create and publish draft revisions for any articles owned by their Group.
- Global Knowledge Editors can create and publish draft revisions for any article regardless of ownership.
This article covers making changes to an article's Content and/or Subject (title).
- Search the Knowledge Base for the article you want to edit.
- Click the link to the article you want to edit. The article will open in View mode.
- Click Edit Article in the sidebar. The page refreshes to the Content tab in edit mode.
- Edit the article content.
- Click Update Article. A confirmation message appears in green below the Content tab saying "You have updated this article to a new revision.
- View the edited article to check your changes.
- Go to the breadcrumbs under the menu bar
- Click the article's breadcrumb.
The page will refresh to display the article.