TDX Knowledge: Create a Link in an Article
This article covers creating links to other pages external to the article. You can also Make a Table of Contents or Other In-Page Links that are internal to an article.
You can make your articles more accessible by improving how you use links.
Link text should be the title of the linked page.
- Example: Find more information on creating accessible links on the Accessible U Hyperlinks page.
- Do not use: Click here, More info, Read more.
Assuming you are edit mode:
- Highlight text you want to link.
- Select the Link icon.
The Link window opens. It has 3 tabs and defaults to the Link Info tab.
- Displayed Text field shows your selected text; you can change it and the text in the article Body will update.
- Link Type defaults to URL.
- If your selected text is an email address, select Email from the dropdown menu.
- Protocol defaults to http://. Leave as is.
- Paste the URL into the field. The Protocol menu automatically updates.
- Go to the Target tab.
- Select New Window (_blank).
- Click OK.
When someone clicks the link, the target page will open in a new tab or window depending on their browser settings.