TDX Knowledge: Search the Knowledge Base
All technicians can view all Knowledge Base articles regardless of an article's status or ownership.
In this article:
Searching the Knowledge Base
- Sign in to TDX and select Client Portal.
- If you are already signed into TDX, click the Applications menu and select Client Portal. A new window (tab) opens.
- Click Knowledge Base in the menu bar. The Knowledge Base opens.
- Click Search in the menu bar. The Search page appears with multiple search options. Note: By default, the Status filter is set to Approved.
- Choose your search option(s).
- Search: Enter your search terms.
- Status: Use the dropdown menu to search by status (default is Approved). You can use the checkboxes to search by one or more statuses.
- Category: Start typing or use the Lookup Category option. The Knowledge Base Category Lookup window will open.
- Always Search by Both. Public does not mean published to the IT website (it.umn.edu).
- Select the Include Subcategories checkbox if you want to include articles intended for a specific audience in your search results.
- Owner: Start typing a person's name or a Group name. You can also use the Lookup Owner option if need be. The Assignment Lookup window opens with options for filtering results.
- Type your search term.
- You can leave all the filter options as is to search for Groups.
- Press Enter or click the Search button. The list filters in place.
- Type your search term.
- Review Date: Enter From and/or To dates.
- Published, Unpublished,or Both (default) radio button options.
- Select Published to limit your search to articles published to the IT website (it.umn.edu).
- Public, Not Public,or Both (default) radio button options. Public means the article is viewable in the Client Portal with no login. None of our articles should be marked Public.
- Leave this option as Both.
- Created Date: Enter From and/or To dates.
- Click Search. A list of articles meeting your search criteria appears below the Search options.
Note: Search results are limited to 300.
- Click the link to the article.
Using Other Knowledge Base Menu Bar Options
You can narrow down your search for an article using the filters on the menu bar.
- My Articles - a list of any articles you own with options for modifying the search. Note: this list does not contain articles owned by your Group(s).
- My Favorites - all articles you have marked as a Favorite
- Articles Pending Review (editors only) - a list of all articles that have been submitted for approval with options for modifying the search. Articles whose Next Review date has arrived do NOT appear in this list.
- Feedback - search options for viewing feedback that defaults to a list of articles you own (if any) filtered to show only those that have unaddressed feedback. You have several options for modifying the list criteria.
- Left By
- Helpful, Not Helpful, Both
- Addressed, Not Addressed, Both
- Archived Articles - the Search options interface with a default status of Archived listing all articles that have been archived.