TDX Knowledge: Edit the Settings of an Article
Technicians can edit an article owned by them or by their Group until it has been submitted for approval. Once submitted only those people with an editor role will be able to edit your article.
- Group Knowledge Editors can edit any articles owned by their Group.
- Global Knowledge Editors can edit any article regardless of ownership.
If an article is rejected, TDX automatically restores edit rights to the Owner (person or Group).
This article covers making changes to an article's Settings.
Editing an article's Settings
- Search the Knowledge Base for the article you want to edit.
- Click the link to the article you want to edit.
- Click Edit Article in the sidebar. The page refreshes to the Content tab in edit mode.
- Click the Settings tab in the menu bar.
- Make necessary changes to any of the fields.
- Change the Category.
- Edit the Summary.
- Add Tags.
- Change the Ownership to the appropriate Group.
- Check the Notify Owner checkbox if it is unchecked.
- Enter any Knowledge Internal Notes.
- Click Save. A "Changes saved" message appears in red above the Category field.
- View the edited article to check your changes.
- Go to the breadcrumbs (under the menu bar).
- Click the article's breadcrumb. The page refreshes to display the article.
- Optional: If the article is ready, you can Submit it for Approval.