Kaltura MediaSpace: Upload Media
Kaltura is a media management platform for teaching, learning, and outreach purposes. This cloud-based system automatically optimizes video files for viewing on any device, includes strong accessibility functioning, powerful search features, and deep analytics about who is watching videos and for how long. Read Recommended Video Source Formats and Specifications to see a list of media file types that you can upload and considerations to be made based on the file type.
This article explains how to add media into Kaltura via Kaltura MediaSpace.
- Log into Kaltura MediaSpace (mediaspace.umn.edu).
- Select the + Add New button in the upper corner-right of the page.
- Select Upload New Media. The Upload Media page appears.
- From the Upload Media page choose one of the following options:
- Drag & Drop your file from your computer into the display box.
- Use the + Choose a File to Upload button to browse files on your computer.
- Update the Name, Description, Tags, and Publishing Schedule as desired.
- Choose your Media Privacy settings.
- Private: Media page is visible to the content owner only.
- Unlisted: Media page is visible to anyone with a link to the page.
- Published: Media page is visible to individuals according to permissions set for your channels.
- Note: You must have a Channel already created within MediaSpace to use this option.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the page.
- Your file may take some time to process, but are available in My Media once fully uploaded.
- Video files uploaded to Kaltura are run through an automatic speech recognition (ASR) captioning process which can take a few hours to run. You will be notified via email of your captions being complete and receive information about those captions overnight. Learn more about Finding and Editing Captions.
Once you have uploaded the video you can share the link by scrolling below the video preview window and clicking on the Share icon .