Canvas: Upload to and Manage My Media (Kaltura)
The My Media tool in Canvas shows your personal library of all media that you own or manage in Kaltura. My Media can include video and audio recordings - including Zoom recordings, links to YouTube videos, and Kaltura Video Quizzes. Media uploaded to My Media is private and can only be viewed by you.
In this article:
- Accessing My Media (Kaltura) in Canvas
- Uploading to My Media
- Editing Media Details and Settings
- Viewing Details About Your Media with Table View
- Additional Resources
- Log in to canvas.umn.edu.
- Select My Media (Kaltura) from the Account menu.
- If prompted to authorize Canvas to access your Kaltura account, select Authorize.
- Your personal My Media appears.
- Go to My Media.
- In the top right, select Add New, then Upload Media.
- Drag and drop a file into the box. A green progress bar appears as the file uploads.
- Or, select Choose a File to Upload, then find the file on your computer.
- (Optional) Rename the media, add a description, tags, and/or collaborators.
- (Optional) To make your uploaded media appear in the Canvas Course Media Gallery, select Published, then select the checkbox next to the Canvas course(s).
- Select Save.
- If you wish to upload another file, scroll to the bottom of the page, then follow steps 2-6 above.
Media owners and co-editors can change details and settings about media they manage from the My Media page.
- Go to My Media.
- Select the Edit (pencil) icon to the right of the media you wish to change.
- Note: If you cannot find the Edit icon, try making your browser window wider, then try again.
- The Edit page appears. Choose the desired tab to make changes.
When you open My Media, it displays media in Detailed view. To see more information about multiple media items at once, select Table view.
- My Media (knowledge.kaltura.com)
- Video: How to Use My Media (5:40) (learning.kaltura.com)
- Learn about how to manage video permissions in Kaltura.
- Add Media Using Kaltura with the Rich Content Editor
- Add Kaltura Videos to Media Galleries