TDX Knowledge: Archive an Article
When an article has reached the end of its useful life, it should be archived.
- Occasionally a published article needs to be:
Before archiving an article
In general, only a knowledge editor from the Owner group should archive an article.
Before archiving an article:
- Check for referring links.
- Communicate with other stakeholders before changing the article's status in TDX, such as training or other support teams.
Archiving an article
- Search the Knowledge Base for the article you want to archive.
- Open the article and click on the Edit Article button.
- Edit the content:
- Add the text "ARCHIVED:" to the beginning of the Subject.
- Add a reason for archiving to the beginning of the Body.
- Archived: Technology no longer supported
- Archived: See [new article link] for current information.
- Scroll down and click Save and Publish.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Change the Status to Archived. Any article Published to KB will immediately have that flag removed.
- Click Save. The Details view indicates the article is no longer Published.
The article will now appear under the Archived Articles tab.