A cloud-based learning management system that manages digital learning tools and resources for online learning
Canvas is an online platform used by faculty and staff to provide learning materials and activities that may supplement a face-to-face or blended course, or deliver a fully online experience.
Students or participants may use Canvas to access course material, submit assignments, take quizzes, view grades, and interact with classmates and instructors through online discussions and direct messaging.
- Simplify course creation, management, and posting of content with an intuitive interface and efficient editing tools
- Automate tasks such as populating the syllabus, gradebook, and calendar whenever an assignment or quiz is created
- Use the Speedgrader to streamline the grading process by viewing and providing feedback using text, audio, video and rubrics in one window
- Utilize built-in analytics to better understand site usage and how students interact with course content
- Communicate with instructors and classmates from within Canvas and receive notifications via email, text message, or social media
- Access Canvas through mobile apps for Android and iOS
- See a quick overview of recent activities and tasks across all Canvas courses in one place on the main dashboard
- Stay organized with the Calendar that aggregates all assignments and other due dates across all of Canvas courses
UMN is currently transitioning from Moodle to Canvas. Visit the Canvas Transition website to learn more.
Training & Events