BeyondTrust Remote Support: Internet Explorer 11
BeyondTrust (Bomgar) is a safe secure and private way to allow the support personnel to view and control your computer. Your technician will not be able to view any information you do not want them to see and you will be able to see what they are doing at all times. This guide will assist you in the steps required to start a BeyondTrust (Bomgar) support session with Internet Explorer.
- Go to remote.umn.edu
- You may follow the link provided, or you can type the web address into the web address bar.
- Make sure you are typing the link into the address bar, and not a search engine:
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and enter the session key provided by your technician.
- If you are not provided with a session key, you may click the name of your technician in the list of Representatives.
- If you don't see your technician listed, refresh the page by clicking the refresh button at the top of the screen or pressing Ctrl + R for Windows on your keyboard.
A page will open with the dialog box below:
- Click the Click here link. You should see the following display appear:
- Your request for a screen sharing session will appear for your technician to accept.
Note: After the remote support session is ended, the client will automatically be removed