Online Course Evaluations
An online system that enables students to provide important feedback on instruction.
The student rating of teaching (SRT) uses eXplorance Blue software to offer an online format for students to provide feedback. Teaching evaluations are used to help improve teaching, to evaluate and acknowledge teaching effectiveness, and to assist future students in selecting courses. OIT and OMS offer enterprise-wide support for managing online SRT evaluations.
- Enables students to individually evaluate multiple instructors who are collaboratively teaching a course
- Integrates with Moodle to display links to course evaluations on the Moodle dashboard, increasing traffic and participation by students
- Integrates with enrollment and course information (PeopleSoft) to automate the evaluation process
- Integrates with an SMTP server to automatically send invitations and reminders
When course evaluations are available, you will find a link to each course that uses the online evaluation system under the Student Rating of Teaching (SRT) section on the Moodle dashboard (moodle.umn.edu). You can also sign in directly to the online system to complete an evaluation.
- Timeline and Guidelines for Taking an Evaluation
- About Your Privacy
- View Ratings of Instructors who have released their results
End-of-semester course evaluations (SRT) are available through the online system. Instructors will receive an email notification when results are available, and will receive summary information from all completed evaluations, including a breakdown of each question posed on the evaluation form as well as individual comments.
For more information, see Student Rating of Teaching (SRT).
Departments and Staff
If you have questions about implementing the online SRT in your college, please contact Office of Measurement Services Director Thomas Dohm at email@example.com.