TDX Knowledge: Use Curated Content to Create an Article
Creating a new knowledge base article may involve writing something completely from scratch or curating an existing resource.
If there is an existing resource, there is no need to recreate the content. Instead, create an article that provides a description, including context for the resource, and link(s) to the content.
Search for existing content
Before you create a new article, Search for Duplicate Knowledge to see if there are any existing resources that could fill the need.
For example, a vendor may have step-by-step instructions or videos that can be leveraged.
- Note: If you find resources that are accurate in general but not specific to the University, you can link to them but provide the necessary information that will allow University users to adapt the instructions. You can always link to a resource within the body of a longer article.
Curate the Content in a KB Article
If you find resources that serve your purpose, create an article that describes and links to the resource.
- Create a New Knowledge Base Article following standard practices.
- Provide context for the resource link in the body of the article.
- If needed, provide the information University users will need to adapt instructions.
- Link to the resource instead of copying the information from the resource.
TDX Article Subject: Google Hangouts: Known Issues
There are a number of known issues and errors with Google Hangouts. They fall into three categories:
- Sending and receiving messages
- Browser and installation issues
- General known issues
Google has a support page dedicated to Fix problems with Hangouts.