Health Sciences Endpoint and Software Services
Coordinated computer and software support for UMN health science researchers and staff
Health Sciences Technology (HST) and the University's Technology Help (1-HELP) support centers coordinate providing technology help for Health Sciences customers. This integration provides 24-hour, seven day-a-week (24/7) access and enables HST to focus on the complex and unique needs of the Health Sciences.
HST Endpoint and Software Services also helps Health Sciences affiliates purchase and install new hardware and software or add devices and software to an existing system.
- Technology Help staff triage and assist with tier 1 related issues. If the issue requires escalation, HST will be conferenced in and assist you. If a field technician needs to be dispatched, an HST desktop technician will coordinate with you.
- For clinical application support, HST works closely with Fairview and MHealth to ensure University users are able to access the Fairview/MHealth system. Foreseeable events such as new equipment orders, network printer moves, computer moves, and operation system upgrades are entered as Projects and scheduled with the customer.
- We try to help with hand-held computer devices but cannot commit to support or maintain the vast array of devices that are available for purchase.
- For the fastest response, chat with Technology Help staff. Information will be recorded. If your issue cannot be resolved immediately, you will be transferred to an experienced HST staff member who will work with you to find a solution.
- You can also call 612-301-4357 or email [email protected] anytime or visit a Technology Help walk-in location during service hours.
- For questions and help requests regarding clinical issues, you may continue to call 612-626-1978. Regardless of which telephone number you dial, the professionals at both numbers are trained to get you to the right help as quickly as possible.
Please have the following information available:
- Your name
- Telephone number
- The device number of the computer
- A brief description of the problem or request
Staff & Departments
Health Sciences Affiliates
IT Staff and Partners
University-funded: No charge for Health Sciences affiliates.