Zoom: Join through a Web Browser
You can use Zoom on a computer through a web browser. This lets you use some of Zoom's features without downloading plug-ins or software. However, the web client has limited features.
Recommendation: Whenever possible, download the Zoom Client for Meetings desktop application for the best experience.
It is possible to use the Zoom web client with the following web browsers:
- Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- Microsoft Edge 38.14393.0.0 or higher
- Google Chrome 53.0.2785 or higher
- Safari 10.0.602.1.50 or higher
- Firefox 49.0 or higher
Google Chrome is the only browser that will allow you to join the computer audio for Zoom meetings. You may still be able to use your phone to dial into the meeting depending on the settings selected by the host.
Joining a Meeting or Webinar through your browser
- Click the link in your email invitation or calendar event to join the meeting or webinar.
- An option Join from your Browser may appear automatically. If it does not, click download & run Zoom.
- The option Join from your Browser will then appear underneath the download & run Zoom link.
- If you already have the Zoom desktop application installed, the option to Join from your Browser will not appear. The meeting will instead automatically launch through the application, giving you a better experience with a more complete feature set.
- Click Join from your Browser instead of running the installer for the desktop application.
- You will be prompted to enter your name. This is how you will be labeled for other participants.
- You may also be prompted to enter your email address.
- Click Join to be taken into the meeting or webinar.