Academic Video Production
Media specialists are available to work with faculty and instructional staff to produce videos. These can include:
- lectures, recordings can combine video of the presenter and a computer source
- interviews, via Zoom or Skype
See examples of videos produced for courses. Learn more about how ATSS can help you produce videos for your courses or other academic projects.
What is “My Media” in Canvas?
My Media is your personal library of all Kaltura media that you own or manage. (See how to manage video permissions in Kaltura.)
You can access My Media in Canvas by going to the Account menu and selecting My Media (Kaltura). Enabling My Media in your course navigation does not share your videos with anyone.
To share your media with students in your Canvas course:
- Add Kaltura Videos using the Rich Content Editor (RCE) in Pages, Discussions, Assignments
- Add Kaltura Videos to Media Galleries
Teach Together Minnesota!
The Teach Together Minnesota! virtual conference will focus on culturally-responsive online teaching and learning through the lens of discipline-specific breakout sessions. All higher education faculty and education supporters (Centers for Teaching & Learning staff, Directors, Instructional Designers, IT Support, Librarians) are invited to attend this day-long event on May 18, 2021. RSVP required.
Upcoming Teaching Support Offerings
- Apr 8 Online Peer Review with Engaging and Balanced Assessments
- Apr 13 Beyond Content: Fostering Online Interaction
- Apr 21 Making Online Classes Both Active & Inclusive
- Apr 22 E-Proctoring for Online Exams
- Apr 22 Three Ideas for Exemplary Online Teaching
- Apr 23 Lessons Learned from Pandemic Teaching
- Apr 29 Accessible Presentations
- Apr 30 Pandemic Teaching: What Stays, What Goes?
Canvas Coffee Time
Join Canvas Coffee Time, an informal online gathering of instructors and academic technologists where you can ask for help, share successes or just listen in. This system wide conversation has included topics such as online discussion techniques, tips for using Zoom and getting the most out of your Canvas gradebook. Join us at 9:30 a.m. on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month in our Zoom online meeting room at the assigned time.
Kaltura: Get best practices on using video to improve online course design, from both a technical and pedagogical perspective. Register for one or all webinars at Kaltura Academic Media & Pedagogy masterclass series.
Self-help guides offer step-by-step instructions and extra guidance to help you complete your tasks.