Canvas Release Notes March 2021
Instructure, the parent company of Canvas, releases Canvas upgrades the third Saturday of the month along with Release Notes.
Read highlights from the March 20, 2021, release notes below.
- In File Upload assignments, students can use their webcam to submit to an assignment.
Course Availability Date Enhancements
- The course participation dates have an updated menu for course dates by term or course.
- Design is meant to provide clarification on the participation dates.
- Default remains as Term dates
- The hierarchy of dates remains the same:
- Section Dates will override Course Dates.
- Course Dates will override Term Dates
New Quizzes Support
- New Quizzes can be created as part of adding a quiz to a module.
- When an instructor adds an item to a module and selects a quiz, the Create Quiz option displays both the New Quizzes and Classic Quizzes. New Quizzes is the default, but instructors can switch to Classic Quizzes and create a name for the quiz.
Learning Mastery Gradebook Student Filters
- The Learning Mastery Gradebook includes filters for inactive and concluded enrollments. By default inactive and concluded users are not shown.