WiFi Printing: Send a Document to an OIT-Managed Printing Location
As a student, you are able to print in OIT-managed printing locations using your personal laptop that is connected to the Twin Cities campus eduroam WiFi network. You can also print from remote locations when you are connected to the University of Minnesota's Virtual Private Network (VPN).
First, install the appropriate print drivers for your operating system:
Once the print drivers are installed, anytime you want to print you can send a document to a location you choose.
- From the open document, select Print as you normally do.
- When prompted, select OIT-WiFi-BW or OIT-WiFi-Color, depending on your printing needs.
- You will see a popup window. Enter your Internet ID and a short, temporary password. This password keeps others from deleting or releasing your print job by mistake. The password applies only to the current print job, and you'll need it in order to pick up your print job.
- Go to your chosen location's print release station, located near the printers.
- Swipe your UCard, with the magnetic strip facing out. If it says "ERROR: LOW BALANCE," that means your UCard has an insufficient amount of Gopher GOLD funds to process your print job.
- Select your print job, and enter the password you created when you sent the print job from your laptop.
- Select Print to receive your print job.