TDX: Use My Work Application
The My Work application of TDX will gather any tickets, ticket tasks, or approval forms that are assigned to the Responsible Group you belong to. Tickets in On Hold, Pending Response, Resolved or Cancelled status, or tasks that are 100% complete, are not included in My Work. If you are a member of more than one Responsible Group, the application will organize all tickets, ticket tasks, and approval forms by Group name.
Note: Within the My Work application there is also a category called My Work.
This article covers the following topics:
- Using the My Work Application
- Navigating/Organizing the My Work Application
- Adding a Ticket to My Work
- Removing a Ticket from the My Work Category
- Update Tickets Using My Work Application
- Comment Tickets Using My Work Application
Using the My Work Application
- Log in to TeamDynamix.
- Click on Users (TDNext) to navigate to the ticketing application.
- Click on the Application menu and select My Work from the menu. The main part of your window will open up with the My Work application.
Navigating/Organizing the My Work Application
- Select the desired category from the left navigation pane.
- Choose any sorting methods you would like to apply using the options at the top of the page:
- They will apply in real-time as you select them.
- Note: Show Future Items and Show Group Assignments are both checked by default.
Adding a Ticket to My Work
You can only add tickets that are assigned to a group to which you belong. If you Take Responsibility for a Ticket directly from the ticket, My work will also update with that ticket.
- Navigate to the My Work application.
- Select My Assignments from the left navigation panel.
- Click the option + My Work to add a ticket to your My Work category.
The ticket will immediately move from your My Assignments category to your My Work category.
- Note: the numbers in the left navigation pane showing how many tickets you have in each category will not update until you reload the page.
Removing a Ticket from the My Work Category
- Navigate to the My Work application.
- Select the My Work category.
- Click on the x My Work button for any ticket you'd like to remove from your work.
The ticket will be removed. If it is assigned to a group that you belong to, it will populate back into the My Assignments category. You can also remove the ticket from My Work directly from a ticket by following Transfer Ownership of a Ticket.
Update Tickets Using My Work Application
The My Work application can be used to update and comment on tickets.
- While in the My Work application, navigate to either the My Assignments category or the My Work category.
- Click on Update in the pane for the ticket you'd like to update. The ticket update window will pop up.
- Click Save in the top left corner of the page after making any desired changes to the ticket.
Note: Updating the ticket status to Pending Response will temporaily remove the ticket from your My Work area of the application. The ticket will automatically be added back to your My Work area when the ticket status returns In Process.
Comment Tickets Using My Work Application
- Navigate to either the My Assignments category or the My Work category within the My Work application.
- Click on Comment in the pane for the ticket you'd like to add a comment to. The Add Comment dialogue box will pop up.
- Type your comment into the blank field.
- Click into the Notify field above the Comment field.
- Select anyone you'd like to notify of this comment.
- Note: You are unable to add any new Contacts to a ticket using this method. See Add People (Contacts) to the Watchlist of a Ticket to notify other people who are not already associated with the ticket.
- Click Save in the dialogue box. The comment will be added to the ticket and an email will be sent to anyone selected in the Notify field.