TDX Request: Check the Status of a Service Request for a User
After a user has already filled out a Service Request form, they may call in to see the status of the request. This article walks through the steps to do that without making a ticket. If you are a part of a unit or department that tracks every customer contact with a ticket, follow the directions in Handling Service Request Inquiries.
Checking the Status of a Service Request
To find information on a user's requests without making a ticket, you can use the People app of the tool.
- Click on the Applications menu.
- Click on the People app icon.
- Type the name or internet ID of the user into the Search field. The user's name will appear below the search area.
- Click on the user's name. A new window with that person's profile will open.
- Click on the Tickets tab. A list of all tickets associated with the user will appear.
- Click on the Title or ID number of the Service Request ticket the user would like to be updated about. The ticket opens in a new window.
- Scan the right side of the ticket to see what the Workflow area communicates:
- Hover over any boxes in the Workflow area to see where it is at in the process.
- Scroll to the bottom and scan the Feed area of the ticket. Scan for any notes about where the request is in process.
- Click Comment to the right of the ticket Feed. A comment box opens up in the feed.
- Type a message in the comment box saying that the user called in requesting the status of the service request.
- Click In the Notify box,
- Click the box next to the Responsible Group to send them the notification.
- Click Save.
- Close the ticket window.
- Let the user know what you can see about the status and that you have notified the Responsible Group about the user calling in regarding the status of the request.