Duo Security: Set Up Duo for Departmental Accounts
As of February 2020, departmental accounts must either:
- Manually reset their password each year, or
- Enroll in Duo Security.
All accounts will have to reset their password at least once.
In order to enroll a departmental account in Duo Security, follow the same steps as you would to enroll an individual account. If multiple people will be using the departmental account, consider these additional factors:
- Each person will need to add a Duo device to the departmental account, while logged into the departmental account.
- This will make it so that any person in the department can log into that departmental account and authenticate using Duo Security.
- Adding desk phones, tokens, or bypass codes rather than mobile devices may eliminate some confusion during the authentication process.
- If you are unable to add your Duo device to the departmental account, contact Technology Help.
- Each person in the account should approve only Duo authentication requests that they themselves have submitted. For example, if Person A and Person B are both on the departmental account, Person A should not approve Person B's authentication requests. One way to avoid confusion is to use desk phones or bypass codes rather than Duo Mobile.
- Users of the departmental account should not check the Remember Me box.
Note that if you do not enroll a departmental account into Duo, the account will receive automated password reset notifications at 30, 21, 14, 7, and 1 day increments before the password is expired.