Reporting Center: Find Training Records for an Employee, Department or Course in Reporting Center
University of Minnesota employees can view training records for a specific employee or for an entire department.
Note: Students, including student employees, do not have access to this report.
In this article:
- Accessing the Training History report
- Viewing the training record of an individual employee
- Viewing records for a specific department
- Additional customizations
The data is as of end of the day yesterday. See the date listed in the right side of the report header under the report run date. This date automatically changes when tables are refreshed.
Accessing the Training History report
- Log in to MyU (myu.umn.edu).
- Click Key Links in the top navigation and select Reporting Center.
- Scroll down to Human Resource Management:
- Click Human Resources to expand the category.
- Click Training History.
Viewing the training record of an individual employee
- Select the Type an Emplid radio button at the top.
- Enter an Employee ID in the text box.
- Click Submit.
- Choose the transcript status(es) that you want in the report.
- The Completed status will return all trainings the employee has completed.
- To select non-contiguous items:
- Windows: hold the CTRL key and click the options you want to select.
- Mac: hold the COMMAND key and click
- Click Submit.
- Use the icons on the top right to export the data as an Excel file, a CSV file, or a PDF.
Viewing records for a specific department
- Choose the Select a College/Admin Unit(s) radio button at the top.
- Select the College/Admin Unit from the list and click Submit.
- Select one or more of the ZDeptID(s) and click Submit.
- Select one or more of the DeptID(s) and click Submit.
- Enter the start date for the report.
- Note: The greater the time frame you choose, the longer it will take to run the report.
- Select the Course Status(es) and click Submit.
- You can filter the report further by choosing one or more University Training Units and clicking Submit.
Searching for records by course or employee class
In the report preferences you can enable a Course Title filter and/or an Employee Class filter.
- Start by following the directions for viewing the records for a specific department (above).
- Click the Customize icon at the top right.
- Click the Report Filters tab on the left
- Check the box for the Course Title filter.
- Check the box for the Employee Class filter.
- Click Save Customizations.
- Back in the report, select a specific Course Title and click Submit to see data for only that course.
There are other customization and options available for this report. Refer to the help documentation for the Training History report for more information