An interactive student response system that can be used to enhance student engagement, discussion, and feedback during class.
The iClicker response system allows instructors to obtain student responses in real time and provide feedback. The questions can be prepared in advance or created in real time. Student responses can be anonymous or identified, and students can be assigned credit for participation and/or correct responses.
OIT Academic Technologies provides support for an integration tool that enables instructors to synchronize their iClicker sessions with the student roster and gradebook in Moodle.
- In-class polling
- Results viewable immediately
- Questions can be prepared in advance or posed in real time
- Responses can be anonymous or identifiable
- Responses can be synchronized with the student roster and gradebook in Moodle
- Students participate using an iClicker device or with a mobile device or laptop using REEF (requires a WiFi connection)
Getting Started - Instructors
There are several steps that instructors must take in order to integrate iClickers into their courses. You will need to download the customized iClicker software for this academic year and access the instructions for setting up the software to synchronize with your class in Moodle.
- Visit Overview on Using iClicker with Canvas
- Visit Overview on Using iClicker with Moodle to download customized iClicker software
Getting Started - Students
An instructor will notify you if a course requires either a physical clicker (iClicker2) or a REEF license. Check the course Moodle site for details about how to register your clicker or to set up your REEF license to ensure that you will receive credit for your answers. During class, you can answer questions with an iClicker or by using REEF Polling from a laptop, tablet, or smartphone using a WiFi connection.