Enterprise CRM: Create a Private Task for an Organization with Reserved Organization Data
What Are Tasks?
Tasks are like a To-do list within CRM. They can be used to assign yourself or other Users to call, email, or meet with Contacts or Organizations that can show up on your Home Tab. They can also be used to record notes or results of a particular interaction once they occur.
Prior to creating a Task you may want to check with your internal business processes to ensure that you are using them in the way that your business unit is intending for them to be used.
What Are My Privacy Options?
Enterprise CRM has records that it shares across all business units and organizations. The Organization record type is one of these public records, which means any Task created from the Organization record will be public to all Users of Enterprise CRM.
Most of the time, however, it is likely that you will not want all other Users to be able to see your Tasks. To get around this you're able to create a Task using associated Reserved Organization Data. The Reserved Organization Data record is associated with the Organization but only visible to Users of your business unit. This means any information added there will be private to your business unit.
Navigate to the Organization record (if needed)
- If you have enough information to find the Organization you may want to use the Global Search bar.
- If you do not have enough information to search or are working from a specific List View click on the Organizations Tab if showing in your default tabs or click on the All Tabs (+) button and click on Organizations in the list.
- From Organizations Home you can either click on the name of the Organization, if showing in your default View, or select the appropriate selection from the dropdown in the View: Menu and click Go!
- Once the appropriate Organization is visible click on the Organization Name in the list to bring up the Organization record.
Create a Private Task
- Navigate to the Reserved Organization Data record for your business unit one of two ways:
- At the top of the Organization record hovering over the text for Reserved Organization Data brings up a window where any associated Reserved Organization Data Names are in a list where they are able to be clicked.
- Further down on the page underneath the Organization Detail there is a Reserved Organization Data section of the page where any associated Reserved Organization Data Names are in a list where they are able to be clicked.
- Note: It is likely that during onboarding to Enterprise CRM that Reserved Organization Data was created for your associated Organizations. If the Organization is new or was created through a different business stream there is a chance you may not see any. If that is the case follow the instructions to create Reserved Organization Data and then follow from Step 2.
- Once on the Reserved Organization Data record there are two ways to get to creating a New Task:
- At the top of the Reserved Organization Data record hovering over the text for Open Activities brings up a window where the New Task button is able to be clicked.
- Further down on the page underneath the Reserved Organization Data Detail there is an Open Activities section of the page where there is a New Task button that is able to the clicked.
- Once on the New Task screen fields can be manipulated as needed. How you manipulate these fields will likely be determined by internal business processes.
- Assigned To will default to you as the User but if needed the Lookup icon can be used to assign the Task to a different User.
- The Subject field will likely be determined by internal business processes and should be something descriptive or useful to the User the Task is being assigned to or another User that may be viewing the record.
- Due Date will default to empty but can be manipulated as needed and will automatically affect the Reminder field below (which can then still be updated as needed).
- Comments are where you will be putting the descriptive information that the Task is being created for and may be determined by internal business processes. Something useful to someone consuming the information should be put within this box.
- The Related To field will automatically be filled in with the Reserved Organization Data record you created the Task from.
- The Name field can be filled in as needed by using the Lookup icon to find and associate up to 50 different Contact or Lead records.
- Note: The Contact record can be added here without privacy concerns, since it's association with the Reserved Organization Data record automatically makes the Task private, but check with your internal business processes to see if this is needed or desired in your particular business case.
- Related Case allows you to use the Lookup icon to associate a Case with the Task as needed.
- Type should be set according to internal business practices.
- Direction should be set according to internal business practices.
- Status should be set according to internal business practices.
- Priority should be set according to internal business practices.
- Phone and Email cannot be manipulated here and will pull from any associated Primary Contact record if applicable.
- If the task should be recurring the Create Recurring Series of Tasks checkbox being checked off will bring up options for selecting recurrence and date ranges.
- Reminder will be pre-populated based on selections in the Due Date and Recurrence areas but can be manipulated here as needed.
- If there are any supporting documents or other necessary attachments the Attach File button can be clicked in the Attachments section at the bottom of the screen.
- Fill in all desired fields for the Task and if you would like to add another Task for this Reserved Organization Data record click on Save & New Task at the top or bottom of the screen.
- Fill in all desired fields for the Task and if you are done adding Tasks to the current Reserved Organization Data click on Save to be brought back to the Reserved Organization Data record.