Accounts: Recover Your Internet ID or Recover Your Password
This article explains how to recover your Internet ID or reset your password. To do this, you can click on the relevant links on any University of Minnesota login page.
In order to do this, you must have a valid alternate email that you can access, on file. If you do not have a valid alternate email on file, or are not sure what your alternate email is, please contact Technology Help for assistance.
Via the Login Page
- Navigate to any UMN website you must log in to for access. (Example: my-account.umn.edu)
- Select the Forgot Internet ID or Forgot Password option.
- Enter your alternate email and select Submit. Your Internet ID or a temporary password will be emailed to that email.
- Navigate back to any UMN website you must log in to for access. (Example: myu.umn.edu)
Note: Don't use the Back button to do this.
- Log in with your Internet ID and/or Temporary Password
- If you reset your password, you will be prompted to change your password to a new value.