A media management system that faculty, staff, and students can use to record, upload, and/or distribute video for teaching and learning.
Kaltura is a media management platform for teaching, learning, and outreach purposes. This cloud-based system automatically optimizes video files for viewing on any device, includes strong accessibility workflows, powerful search functions, and deep analytics about who is watching videos and for how long.
- Users can upload media including video, audio, and images
- Publishing workflow in Canvas keeps videos viewable only by those who should see them
- Uploaded video/audio files receive draft captions though automatic speech recognition (ASR)
- Captions are searchable with little setup; great for content review
- Viewer analytics let you know who is watching videos and for how long
- Unlimited user storage
- Coming early 2019: Kaltura Personal Capture desktop recorder
- Coming early 2019: In-Video Quizzing
- Coming early 2019: Mobile (Android/iOS) app with offline video viewing
- Coming early 2019: Media retention process to age-out old videos