Participate in Security-People
Good Security Sites
- CERT (Computer Emergency Response Team): Based at Carnege Mellon, the CERT provides basic computer security guidelines, and issues reports of known vulnerabilities in operating systems.
- Internet RFC/STD/FYI/BCP Archives: Search for RFCs on this site.
- Microsoft Patch Tuesday Dashboard by Morphus Labs
- National Checklist Program Repository: Security checklists (or benchmarks) to assist with the security configuration of operating systems and applications.
- OWASP Security Cheat Sheet: Commonly used within the context of communicating with services via HTTP.
- OWASP Top Ten Project: Most Critical Web Application Security Risks.
- Port Numbers: Get well-known, registered, and dynamic and/or private port numbers from the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA).
- RFC Editor: Search for RFCs on the RFC Editor site.
- SANS: SANS is an organization that provides educational resources and support for system administrators and other computer professionals, including training. Computer security is one of their main focuses.
- SecurityFocus: Security Focus is a computer security information clearinghouse.
- State of Minnesota IT Security: State of Minnesota provides alerts, guidelines, and other security information.
- US-CERT: United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team mission is to improve the nation's cybersecurity posture, coordinate cyber information sharing, and proactively manage cyber risks to the nation while protecting the constitutional rights of Americans.
Staff & Departments
Health Sciences Affiliates
IT Staff and Partners