Information Security Awareness Training
Participate in the required information security training for staff.
The Information Security Awareness Training is a 30-40 minute online course, which provides information security awareness on safe computing practices. Topics include:
- You Are the Shield
- Email, Phishing, and Messaging
- Data Security & Data Destruction
- Securely Working from Home (optional)
Previous course names include Information Security Awareness (ISA17), Information Security Awareness (ISA19), and PJPD16.
All new faculty, staff, and student employees at the University are automatically enrolled in the required information security awareness course, Information Security Awareness Training (Required).
If you are required to take the course, you will receive an email notification about how to access the course in the Training Hub with the subject: Information Security Awareness Training (Required) Assigned. If you have not completed the course by the due date assigned, both you and your supervisor will receive reminder email notifications.
For questions about automatic enrollment for new employees contact [email protected].
To self-enroll in the Information Security Awareness Training (Required) course:
- Go to training.umn.edu (Training Hub).
- Select Course Catalog.
- Search on "security awareness."
- Select Find Courses.
- Select Information Security Awareness Training (Required).
- For Section Number SE, select Enroll in Course.
You can self-enroll for and view the optional Securely Working from Home topic at any time.
Staff, Faculty, and students in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance areas will be automatically enrolled in Information Security Awareness Training (Required). For questions about compliance-area enrollment, contact [email protected].
For enrollment for existing staff/faculty/students, recurring enrollment, or face-to-face training, contact [email protected].
The assigned course is available through the Training Hub (authentication required).
- In the Training Hub, select My Training and look for Information Security Awareness Training (Required).
- Select View Details for the course.
- Select Launch Canvas Course.
- Watch the video and complete the exercises.
- You will receive a graded email from Canvas when you have finished each module. You have not completed the course until you have completed all of the modules.
If you completed the course and do not receive an email from training.umn.edu with the subject: University Information Security Awareness Training - Completed, click this link to log your completion of the ISA course.
To view your completion In the MyU Reporting Center:
- Select Human Resource Management
- Select Human Resources
- Select Training History.
For more information on taking and completing a course, see Training Hub: Learner Guide.
University-funded: No charge