Enterprise CRM: Create a Task from a Lead record
What are Tasks?
Tasks can be used like a To-do list within CRM. They can be used to assign Users to call, email, or take any other type of action with Leads. They can also be used to record notes or results of a particular interaction once they occur.
Prior to creating a Task you may want to check with your internal business processes to ensure that you are using them in the way that your business unit is intending for them to be used.
What Are My Privacy Options?
Leads are a record type that is private to your business unit. Any Task created from a Lead will automatically be private.
Navigate to the Lead record (if needed)
- If you have enough information to find the Lead you may want to use the Global Search bar.
- If you do not have enough information to search or are working from a specific List View click on the Leads Tab if showing in your default tabs or click on the All Tabs (+) button and click on Leads in the list.
- From Leads Home you can either click on the name of the Lead, if showing in your default View, or select the appropriate selection from the dropdown in the View: Menu and click Go!
- Once the appropriate Lead is visible click on the Lead Name in the list to bring up the Lead record.
Create a Task
- Once on the Lead record there are two ways to get to creating a New Task:
- At the top of the Lead record hovering over the text for Open Activities brings up a window where the New Task button is able to be clicked.
- Further down on the page underneath the Lead Detail there is an Open Activities section of the page where there is a New Task button that is able to the clicked.
- Once on the New Task screen fields can be manipulated as needed. How you manipulate these fields will likely be determined by internal business processes.
- Assigned To will default to you as the User but if needed the Lookup icon can be used to assign the Task to a different User.
- The Subject field will likely be determined by internal business processes and should be something descriptive or useful to the User the Task is being assigned to or another User that may be viewing the record.
- Due Date will default to empty but can be manipulated as needed and will automatically affect the Reminder field below (which can then still be updated as needed).
- Comments are where you will be putting the descriptive information that the Task is being created for and may be determined by internal business processes. Something useful to someone consuming the information should be put within this box.
- The Related To field cannot be used when creating a Task from a Lead.
- The Name field will default to the Lead that the Task is being created from.
- Related Case allows you to use the Lookup icon to associate a Case with the Task as needed.
- Type should be set according to internal business practices.
- Direction should be set according to internal business practices.
- Status should be set according to internal business practices.
- Priority should be set according to internal business practices.
- Phone and Email cannot be manipulated here and will pull from the associated Lead record.
- If the task should be recurring the Create Recurring Series of Tasks checkbox being checked off will bring up options for selecting recurrence and date ranges.
- Reminder will be pre-populated based on selections in the Due Date and Recurrence areas but can be manipulated here as needed.
- If there are any supporting documents or other necessary attachments the Attach File button can be clicked in the Attachments section at the bottom of the screen.
- Fill in all desired fields for the Task and if you would like to add another Task for this Lead record click on Save & New Task at the top or bottom of the screen.
- Fill in all desired fields for the Task and if you are done adding Tasks to the current Lead click on Save to be brought back to the Lead record.