Policy and Guidance for Information Security
Understand and follow the University of Minnesota Policies related to information security.
The University community collaborates with University Information Security to review and develop University of Minnesota information security policies and standards to protect University data and information technology. The University Policy Library has a complete list of policies including those related to information security.
- Acceptable Use of Information Technology Resources
- Data Security Classification
- Information Security
- Information Security Risk Management
- Internal Access to and Sharing University Information
- Reporting and Notifying Individuals of Information Security Breaches
- Including a Privacy Statement on U Web Pages
See the Information Technology Policies to understand your role and responsibilities.
For the Information Security Policy, you and your unit need to follow the information security processes and implement the information security standards contained in the Information Security Policy on all electronic devices and other resources you or your unit use to store, transmit, or process University information.
See the Practices for the Information Security Policy to get started.