Information Security Awareness Training
Participate in the required information security training for staff.
All new faculty and staff members at the University, and those in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance areas, are automatically enrolled in the required information security awareness course, Information Security Awareness (ISA17 or ISA19).
This 30-40 minute online course provides information security awareness on safe conputing practices. Topics include:
- You Are the Shield
- Email, Phishing, and Messaging
- Data Security & Data Destruction
If you are required to take the course, you will receive an email notification about how to access the training in the Training Hub. A reminder email notification is sent if you have not completed the training within 20 days of assignment.
Others can request this course by emailing email@example.com.
The assigned course is available through the Training Hub (authentication required).
- In the Training Hub, select My Training and look for ISA17 or ISA19.
- Select View Details for the course.
- Select Launch Canvas Course.
- Watch the video and complete the exercises.
- Return to Canvas to log your completion of the course, by clicking Home in the left menu and then click on Log your completion.
If you do not receive an email from training.umn.edu with the subject: University Information Security Awareness Training - Completed, click this link to log your completion of the ISA course.
You will receive a completion email from Canvas when you have finished all the topics. You can also check for completion in your Training Hub transcript or the MyU Reporting Center. In MyU Reporting Center, select Human Resource Management > Human Resources > Training History.
For more information on taking and completing a course, see Training Hub: Learner Guide.