A simpler version of the University's Drupal web content management platform
What is Drupal Lite?
Drupal Lite is a content management solution. People who are not web developers can use it to create websites quickly, because it offers simpler website development tools, with professionally-designed themes and University-branded page templates. It is a good solution for small- to medium-sized sites, like event or student group pages.
Transition from Drupal Lite 7 to Drupal Lite 8
Drupal Lite 8, the newest version of Drupal Lite, will soon be available for the University community. If you already own a site built in Drupal Lite 7, you have two choices:
- Re-create your site in Drupal Lite 8
- This will give you the most flexibility in terms of timing
- This migration will happen in mid-2020
- The OIT Drupal team will reach out to you shortly before the migration
- More details will be announced as the migration plan is finalized
Drupal Lite Highlights
- Easier to use than Drupal Enterprise 8
- Gives you access to the Folwell Web Theme, a professionally-designed resource library with UMN branding design and code already in place
- Maintained and fully supported by the University
- Sites are automatically backed up each night
- Transitions to Drupal Lite 8 can be performed by the OIT Drupal team
- Contact the Drupal Lite content management admin team at email@example.com with questions about University maintenance of Drupal Lite sites.