What Are We Doing About Phishing?
Check the University Information Security blog at http://z.umn.edu/phishing to keep up to date on spear phishing targeting University accounts.
On report of phishing attempts –
- We block the phisher return email addresses.
- If a website is used to collect replies, we notify the website administrators that their services are being misused or have been compromised.
- We block access from the University network to phisher websites.
- We notify other schools about reported phisher addresses and websites.
- We work to tune our rules that flag phishing email as spam.
IF you or anyone receive a phishing email that targets University email ACCOUNTS, REPORT it to
Staff & Departments
IT Staff and Partners