Data Center: Request Access
Data Center Operations Services (DCOS) will provide escorted access for tenants with equipment in OIT data centers along with their vendors. This access will be granted to the system administrators who maintain the servers for their department.
Departments are encouraged to limit physical access to a small number of system administrators, while utilizing remote management tools and the Urgent Service Request process to limit their visits to the data center.
Requesting Data Center Access
- Fill out and submit the Data Center Access Request Form (PDF) as instructed in the document.
- The request will then be reviewed by the Data Center Management Team.
- Once the individual designated in the request is approved for access, OIT will make the required request for access.
- The individual will receive a copy of U of MN – OIT Data Center Physical Security/Safety Regulations and Procedures via email.
- The Data Center Access Request Form must then be signed before the person will be allowed into the data center.
Terminating Access to the Data Center
- When a person who has access to the Data Center terminates his/her employment or transfers out of their current department, the department manager must submit a Data Center Access Request Form (PDF) within two (2) days so that the person’s access to the data center can be removed. This is a critical step if the employee was terminated for cause.
- Upon receipt of the Data Center Access Request Form, OIT will cancel U Card access to the data center.