Zoom: My Profile
In this article:
- Accessing Your Profile Page
- Your Profile Page
- Uploading or Changing Your Zoom Profile Photo
- Sign Me Out From All Devices
- Additional Resources
- Go to zoom.umn.edu and click Log In.
- Sign in with your University of Minnesota Internet ID and password.
- Click Profile on the left side of the page.
There are many details available within your profile page. While many fields can be updated or customized, not all fields on your Profile page can be changed.
Note: Asterisks are used to hide personal information. Click Show to display hidden information.
- Your name: First, Last, and Display Name in Zoom Meetings
- Your department and U of M account information
- Your profile photo: This is the picture other meeting participants will see if you have your video turned off in a meeting. Upload or Change Profile photo.
- Your Personal Meeting ID: A personal meeting room assigned to you. Customize by clicking Edit to the right of your PMI.
- Your Personal Link: Your unique URL associated with your personal meeting room. Personalize your link by clicking Customize.
- Your Sign-In Email: This is your U of M email address used to sign into your Zoom account.
- Your User Type and Capacity: If you are a current staff, faculty or student at the University of Minnesota, you are a licensed user. You can also see meeting and webinar capacities.
- Your Time Zone and preferred Date Format: Update your time zone or formatting by clicking Edit to the right.
- Your Language: Change your preferred language by clicking Edit.
- Your Host Key: Change your host key by clicking Edit.
- Your Calendar Integrations: If you connect Zoom to your Google Calendar, the permissions will display here.
- Click Change beneath your current photo or the grey silhouette of a person.
- Click Upload in the lower left-hand corner of the Change Picture pop-up window.
- Choose a .jpg,.jpeg, .gif, or .png file on your computer that is smaller than 2MB to upload.
- Move the square that appears over the image so that the portion of the photo you want to include is contained within the dotted line borders of the square. You will see the selected portion of the image on the right-hand side. This portion of the image will become your profile photo.
- You can also click and drag one of the borders to adjust the size of the square.
- Click Save.
The Profile page also features a link at the bottom of the page labeled Sign Me Out From All Devices. Use this link if you are signed into the Zoom app on a device that is not password/passcode protected and that device is lost or stolen.
Note: This does not prevent you from signing back into Zoom on any devices and does not lock your account.