Wired Network: Speed and Duplex Settings for Mac OS X
- Click the Apple menu and select System Preferences.
- In the Internet & Network section, double-click the Network icon.
- From the left-hand display menu, select Ethernet.
- Click the Advanced button.
- Click the Ethernet tab.
- Click the Configure pull-down menu and select Automatically.
- Click OK.
- Click the Apply button and close System Preferences.
NOTE: Full duplex means that the adapter can send and receive packets at the same time. Half duplex means that the adapter performs one operation at a time; it either sends or receives.