WiFi Printing: Print from an iOS Device to a WiFi Print Location on Campus
The Pharos Print app enables you to send a document from your mobile device to a U of M print server. You can then go to any of the WiFi Printing locations on campus and print out your document.
Install and setup Pharos Print app
- Open the App Store and search for Pharos Print.
- Click on Pharos Print in the search results. A pop-up window will open.
- Click the Download icon and install the app on your device.
- Launch Pharos Print app and click OK to allow app to send you notifications.
- In the Server Address field, enter: mobileprint.ad.umn.edu
- In the Server Port field, enter: 443
- Click Connect.
- Enter your University of Minnesota Internet I.D. and Password and click Log On.
- Use any app on your IOS device that allows the "Open With ¦" or "Copy to¦" feature, and select Pharos Print.
- Open the Pharos Print app on your device.
- Tap on the document you wish to print.
- Make any changes desired to the printing options and click Apply Changes. Your print job is ready to be printed.
- Notice your Gopher Gold (U-Card) balance and the cost to print; add more money as needed.
- Visit any OIT print location to print your document.
- You will not be charged until you swipe and release your print documents at an OIT location.
- To add more funds to your Gopher Gold (U-Card) account, please use any cash to card ValuePort machine on campus, or go to U-Card Office Website and add money to your account. https://ucard.umn.edu/umtc/deposit - Please be aware, there is a $2 transaction fee for this site
- The default print option is Black & White. If you select Color, please make sure your location has a color printer - see locations: https://it.umn.edu/service-details/wifi-printing
- Page Selections cannot currently be made using IOS or Android Apps - you must print the entire document.
- If you wish to delete your document from the print queue, swipe on your document to the left.