Training Hub: Create Guest Account
If a learner does not have a University of Minnesota Internet ID, they can create a guest account using their personal email address. Learners with guest accounts have full access to Training Hub: they can browse, enroll, and view a list of their courses.
Note: Wait one hour after creating a Guest Account before enrolling in training.
Creating a Guest Account
- Open the Create Guest Account form.
- Fill out the form.
- The email address entered will become your Internet ID
- Click Submit. The Guest Account Created confirmation screen is displayed.
- Navigate to the Training Hub course catalog to enroll in courses, or use a direct link to enroll if someone has sent you one.
Note: If you get an "Access Denied" message while trying to launch a course in canvas, please close the window and try launching the course again from Training Hub. If you still receive the error message, please contact Technology Help.
Logging in to Training Hub
Whenever you return to Training Hub, log in with the full email address used to create the Guest account.
Note: If you get an "Access Denied" message when trying to launch the Canvas course, please close the window and relaunch the course from Training Hub. If you are still unable to access the Canvas course, please contact Technology Help for assistance.
Managing a Guest Account
You can manage your guest account by visiting http://my-account.umn.edu
The My Account page allows you to:
- Change your password
- Set up password reset questions
- Update your contact information