Enterprise CRM: Add a Note
Notes within CRM allow you to associate information with records. Prior to creating a Note you may want to check with your internal business processes to ensure that you are using them in the way that your business unit is intending for them to be used.
What Are My Privacy Options?
This will depend what Object/record type you are on. To get more information review Understand Privacy Settings.
Adding a Note
Note: Depending on the Object/record you are creating the Task from, some of these fields may already be filled in with information. (i.e. creating from an Opportunity will fill in Related To section)
- Navigate to the record you'd like to add the Note to.
- Once on the record there are two way to get to adding a Note:
- At the top of the record hovering over the text for Google Docs, Notes, & Attachments brings up a window where the New Note button is able to be clicked.
- Further down on the page underneath the Detail there is a Google Docs, Notes, & Attachments section of the page where there is a New Note button that is able to the clicked.
- Once on the Note Edit screen you are able to fill in a Title and Body for the Note.
- Only Title is a required field. If the title is descriptive enough there may not be a need for a Body that other Users would need to get to by clicking on the Note or using the View All button in the Google Docs, Notes, & Attachments sections of the record.
- There is a Private checkbox on the Note Edit screen that would make the Note private to you only. If you are trying to make a Public Note on a record such as Contact or Organization you will want to ensure that box remains unchecked.
- When done adding the note information link click Save to be brought to the record.