Canvas: Enable Your Library Course Page
Library Course Pages (LCPs) are dynamically created for all courses at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities and Rochester campuses. They are designed to allow U of MN students a quick and easy access to learning resources tailored to specific courses. Library Course Pages can include print books, journals, e-books, online content licensed through the U of MN Libraries, photocopies, PDFs, MS Word and MS PowerPoint documents, audio/video files, and more.
To use a Library Course Page, you will need to submit your requested material to the U of MN Library E-Reserve. Once a course E-Reserve list is created, students will be able to access course materials via the Library Course Page on a Canvas course site.
- Some or all of the requested course materials may be copyrighted and require a copyright payment.
- Library Course Page can be enabled only for Canvas sites associated with PeopleSoft, i.e., for-credit course sites.
The process of sharing course materials with students via a Library Course Page includes two steps:
- Creating your Library Course Page
- Enabling the Library Course Page course navigation menu item
Contact E-Reserves at the U of MN Library and submit a list of your selected course materials.
- The U of MN Library staff will create and activate a Library Course Page for your course
- An email notification will be sent to you when a Library Course Page is ready.
If you do not see the Library Course Page link your course navigation menu, you might need to enable this feature in the course.
- Go to Settings
- Click the Navigation tab
- Find the Library Course Page item.
- Click the Edit Course Navigation icon (3 vertical dots) on the right.
- Select Enable from the pop-up menu.
- Scroll all the way down the page and click Save. The link to the Library Course Page will show up on the left-side course navigation menu.