TDX Reports: Understand the Reporting Function in TDX
TDX comes with some pre-built reports which you can run right away. It also has many report templates that you can copy and modify to pull results for your own purposes. You can also start from scratch and build your own report to meet your own needs.
Understanding the Reports Navigation Menu
Reports and report folders appear in the left-hand Navigator menu with the Standard Reports folder at the top. The folders are then organized by favorites, Order (a setting that can be changed when editing a folder), and finally alphabetically by name. The report folders in the Navigator are named according to the data the report is sourced from (i.e., tickets, knowledge, problems, changes).
- Newly created reports that you make or are shared with you will also appear under their respective categories in the left navigation menu.
- Click on the report folder title to open up a submenu of all reports available in that folder.
Using Standard Reports
The reports listed in the Standard Reports category are pre-built reports that are not modifiable. These report on all data in the U of M Tickets application in TDNext.
- Select the name of the report in the Report Menu. The Standard Report will load in the main page area.
- Select Refresh or Run Report at the top of the main page. The report results will load in the main page area.
Using Reports Titled "My …" and "My Groups …"
There are a number of pre-built reports you can run to get current information based on your user name.
- These reports will be titled either "My …" or "My Groups …."
- Reports titled "My Groups …" will include a report of items from ALL groups of which you are a member.
To run these reports,
- Select the name of the report in the Report Menu. The report will load in the main page area.
- Select Run Report at the top of the main page. The report results will load in the main page area.
- These report results are based on your user name and ALL user groups that you are a part of in TDX.
Making Your Own Reports
There are two ways to get started with making your own reports in TDX:
- Start by making a new report from scratch.
- Copy an existing report and then modify that report for your specific needs.
All pre-built and customized reports can be placed on dashboards, downloaded, and shared with others. See the Create and Manage Reports Self-Help Guide for more information.