TDX Reports: Copy an Existing Report
There are many existing reports already available to you in TDX that might generate the type of information you need. You can copy one of these reports and modify the report for your own needs.
Copying an existing report
- Navigate to the U of M Tickets tab at the top of the page.
- Go to the left hand navigation menu and select the name of the report you'd like to view.
- You can choose a report that someone else has made.
- If the report name contains the word Group's or Group, that report serves as a template. You will need to copy and modify the report with your own group's information before running it to get any usable data.
- Click Actions and select Copy from the drop-down menu. The Copy Report window opens with an editable title field.
- Enter a New Name that signifies this is your own report. Keep in mind best practices for naming conventions.
- Leave the Copy Visibility Permissions? box unchecked so it is not automatically shared with everyone and is visible only to you. (You will be able to share your report to specific groups later.)
- Click Save at the top of the window. Another window opens asking if you want to view the new report, make another copy, or close the window.
- Select View the New Report. The report settings will open in a new window.
You will need to modify your report for your own purposes to make it useful to you.