TDX Major Incident: Resolve a Major Incident Ticket
Once a workaround or permanent solution is found, resolve the Major Incident ticket and all of its associated children Incident tickets.
Resolving a Major Incident Ticket
- Open the Major Incident ticket.
- Select Actions and choose Update from the dropdown menu.
- Select Resolved in the New Status dropdown menu.
- Check the Cascade checkbox to close all child incident tickets associated with the Major Incident. See Communicating with Parent/Child Tickets (Cascade Communications) for more information.
- Uncheck the box labeled Make comments private (only visible to U of M Tickets users).
- Write a customer-friendly response in the Comments box.
- Be sure to include a customer-friendly explanation of the resolution or workaround.
- Select who should be notified of this update in the Notify field from the dropdown menu listing any associated with the ticket.
- Name of Technician (Responsible)
- Name of (Responsible Group)
- Name of user (Requestor)
- Name of anyone added to the watchlist (Contact)
- Attach any applicable files in the Attachments field.
- Select the Create new article radio button if a new Knowledge Base article based on the Major Incident ticket should be drafted.
- Select Save at the top of the window.
- Create a Problem Ticket to complete the root cause analysis of the major incident.
- See Understand the Use of Problem Tickets for an overview of the Problem management process.