TDX Knowledge: Approve or Reject an Article
Any technician in TDX can create a new Knowledge Base article and submit it for approval by an editor.
However, editors are NOT notified by email when an article is submitted for approval. Instead, the article will appear in Articles Pending Review. It's a good idea to encourage your group members to let you know when they submit an article for review.
- Group Knowledge Editors can approve articles owned by their Group.
- Global Knowledge Editors can approve any article regardless of ownership.
- Global Knowledge Editors can also publish articles to it.umn.edu.
Note: It is good practice for Editors to have someone else approve their articles.
Approving or rejecting an article
When an article is approved (or rejected), the Owner will be notified by email. Rejected articles are returned to the Owner.
To review submitted articles:
- Go to the Knowledge Base and select Articles Pending Review from the menu bar.
- Note: All articles pending review will appear here. Only approve articles owned by your Group(s).
- Select the article.
- Review it for clarity and technical accuracy. You can use the following checklists for guidance. (OIT editors must use the lists.)
- See Checklist for Approving a Knowledge Article
- Make any necessary edits to the Content.
- Change Settings as necessary.
- Make sure the article has a Category associated with it. The Category is listed below the title in search results and above the title as a breadcrumb in view mode.
- After saving changes, click the article title breadcrumb to return to view mode.
- Click Save and Publish.
- Click the article's breadcrumb to return to view mode.
- Select Approve (or Reject).
An Approve (or Reject) Article window pops open.
- Check the Notify [Owner] checkbox.
- Global Editors can choose to Publish to KB to publish the article to the [email protected] website.
- Enter any Comments.
- Click Save. The Owner (Group or individual) will receive an email noting the change in article status and your comments.