TDX Knowledge: Publish an Article to the Technology Help Website
Global Knowledge Editors can publish any article, regardless of ownership, to the Technology Help website. It is best to publish only those articles your group owns though you may be called on to review and publish articles on behalf of another group.
- If you need to have an article published to the Technology Help website and do not have access to a Global Knowledge Editor, submit an OIT-Service Lifecycle Request (z.umn.edu/makeituserfriendly). A Global Knowledge Editor will review the article and communicate with you.
Global Knowledge Editors should ALWAYS communicate with the appropriate stakeholders before publishing knowledge and should follow the Checklist for Internal and Public-Facing Knowledge.
Note: It is good practice for Global Knowledge Editors to have someone else approve their articles.
Publishing an article to the Technology Help Website
Only articles in an Approved state can be published.
- Search for the article if necessary.
- Review it for clarity and technical accuracy.
- Open the article in edit mode.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Make sure Category is set to the Technology, Service, or Business Process that the article addresses.
- Make sure the Status is Approved. If it isn't, you can change it now.
- Check the Published to KB checkbox.
- Set the Next Review Date.
- Change the Owner if necessary.
- Add any Knowledge Internal Notes, if necessary.
- Click Save.
- Select the article title breadcrumb to return to view mode.
- The article's History (under the article itself) will update to show the Published flag was Changed from "No" to "Yes".
- The article's Details indicate its new status of Published.