Enterprise CRM: Create an Interested Party Assignment from a Contact record
What Are Interested Party Assignments?
Interested Party assignments allow you to assign the name of a group of Users to relevant Contact and/or Bio records. While some Interested Party assignments are created by default, for example your business unit, you are able to create any Interested Party names that suit your particular needs.
When and why to create new Interested Party Assignments will be dictated by your internal business processes. Check with your business processes prior to creating any Interested Party records to ensure any standard naming conventions or other necessary criteria is included.
This article covers instructions on how to create Interested Party Assignments from a Contact record and is best used when adding more than one Interested Party Assignment to a particular Contact or if you are already on a Contact record.
- If you are working with a Bio and/or you would like to add more than one Interested Party Assignment to a particular Bio record you will want to follow the instructions to Create an Interested Party Assignment from a Bio record.
- If you are creating an Interested Party and/or you would like to add more than one Contact and/or Bio to a particular Interested Party record you will want to follow the instructions to Add Interested Party Assignments from an Interested Party record.
What Are My Privacy Options?
Core CRM has records that it shares across all business units and Contacts. The Interested Party record type is one of those records and is considered public view-only.
This means that any information you put into an Interested Party record and associate with a Contact or Bio will show on those records for any other user of Core CRM, regardless of business unit, but they will not be able to edit the Interested Party at all. It will show for those users as a view-only record.
Navigate to the Contact record (if needed)
- If you have enough information to find the Contact you may want to use the Global Search bar.
- If you do not have enough information to search or are working from a specific List View click on the Contacts Tab if showing in your default tabs or click on the All Tabs (+) button and click on Contacts in the list.
- From Contacts Home you can either click on the name of the Contact, if showing in your default View, or select the appropriate selection from the dropdown in the View: Menu and click Go!
- Once the appropriate Contact is visible click on the Contact Name in the list to bring up the Contact record.
Create an Interested Party Assignment
- Once on the Contact record there are two ways to get to creating an Interested Party Assignment:
- At the top of the Contact record hovering over the text for Interested Party Assignments brings up a window where the New Interested Party Assignment button is able to be clicked.
- Further down on the page underneath the Contact Detail there is an Interested Party Assignments section of the page where there is a New Interested Party Assignment button that is able to the clicked.
- This brings up the New Interested Party Assignment screen where information is able to be filled in as needed. This will largely be determined by internal business practices.
- The Interested Party field is required and the Lookup icon can be used to search for and associate an Interested Party record.
- The Contact field will be defaulted to the Contact record you are creating the Interested Party Assignment from.
- Notes is a free-form text box to be used in accordance with internal business practices.
- The Bio field is optional and the Lookup icon can be used to search for and associate a Bio record.
- The Interested Party Assignment Organization field is optional and the Lookup icon can be used to search for and associate an Organization record.
- If you have all of the information filled in and you would like to create another Interested Party Assignment for this particular Contact click Save & New to be brought back to Step 2.
- If you have all of the information filled in and you are done adding Interested Party Assignment click Save to be brought to the Contact record.