CrashPlan: Install the Software
CrashPlan PROe is a back up service used by Faculty and Staff of many Colleges and Units here at the UofM. To purchase licenses for a new organization or purchase additional licenses for an existing organization in CrashPlan, fill out and submit the CrashPlan licensing form.
To get started installing CrashPlan, open a web browser and go to z.umn.edu/backup
When prompted for a username or email, use your full UMN email address. You will be redirected to UMN shibboleth login.
If you receive an "unable to sign in" error, please contact Technology Help for assistance with getting your account set up or for more information on purchasing CrashPlan licenses.
- Click the App Downloads tab in the left hand column and click the download icon for your device's operating system to begin the installer download.
- Launch the Code42 CrashPlan Client Installer
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation
Once the installation is complete, the Code42 CrashPlan Client launches. You must associate your computer with your CrashPlan account to back up this device.
- CrashPlan sign in screen.
- Username: your full @umn.edu email address
- Server address: central.crashplan.com
- You will then be redirected to the UMN shibboleth log in screen.
- From the Welcome screen find your device's name and click the details button next to it
- From here you can edit or adjust the files you want backed up on your device by selecting the Manage Files button on your right.
- When you are finished selecting files, click save.